Knowing how to get more views on YouTube is critical. If you don’t have the views, your competitors get them. There are hundreds of ways to get more views on YouTube, however some of them require a team of people or outsourcers or specialized and expensive software and are not feasible for a small business. There are some very easy ways to get more views on YouTube videos that anybody can implement which is what we will talk about here.
Easy Ways To Get More Views On YouTube Videos
Now, to get more views on YouTube videos, there are some basics that everyone should do. One thing that is always good to do before you even make a video is to go “spying”. Check up on the people who will be your direct competition and see what they are doing. What have they titled their videos and what sort of phrases are they targeting? What is in their description and what do they link to? Do they have their own channel? Do they interact with comments or do they even have the comments turned on?
All of these things will give you some clues about how easy it is going to be for you to compete with them. If you already have your video setup and online, let’s tackle some of the easiest ways to get more views on YouTube videos that you already have.
1. Share Your Video With Everyone. If your video is something that a wide range of people will be interested in, start sharing it everywhere. Every time you talk to somebody, mention it, put it in your signature and get everyone on your social media accounts to check it out. This is obviously basic stuff, but it’s how you get the ball rolling and get from 5 views up to 500 or 1000.
2. Comment On Other Videos. Every time you watch a video, comment on it. Don’t spam it with stupid comments but offer them your thoughts or critiques and some help. Then you can leave a link back to your video. Hint: the better your comment, the more likely it will end up in the top comments section and your link will stay there! This doesn’t mean you only get more views on YouTube, but also on Vimeo and other video hosting sites. Even when you are just reading a blog post or a forum, leave a link back to your video if it is appropriate.
3. Get More YouTube Friends. Seek to create friendships with as many people as possible and then start to network with them, you can create networks of people that share each other’s videos and this can be a powerful way to spread the love. Don’t reach out to direct competitors and hope that they will mention your video, instead reach out to people who are in sub niches or side niches. If you want to get more views on YouTube channels about making muffins, try to find people who make cheesecakes.
You won’t be stealing each other’s customers but instead helping each other out as you are serving slightly different markets. Don’t overdo this though, if you add thousands of people at once you will get a stern warning from YouTube. Get more views on YouTube by being a real person and slowly add a certain amount of friends each day. View it is a long term plan instead of spending one day adding 2500 friends and hoping they view your channel.
4. Promote Off YouTube. You can get more views on YouTube by promoting your videos in hundreds of places online, but there are certain places that are far more likely to attract the people you want. If you have a video about how to Zumba, go and find some blogs about Zumba dance that are semi popular, read the post and leave a link back to your video. This highly targeted way of getting more YouTube views works because you are focusing only on people who are already interested. Find forums about Zumba-ing or other types of workout dance classes, and you will have thousands of people who are interested in your video, but would have otherwise not found it.
5. Get More Views On YouTube With Social Bookmarking. If you have a video about how to clean a DVD player, create accounts at popular social bookmarking sites such as StumbleUpon, Twitter, Pinterest, Digg and Diigo and add them there. These will help you get views and a few backlinks to your video to help push it up the rankings a bit. Getting backlinks from these sites and the previously mentioned blog comments, forum postings and links on other YouTube videos all helps to send the message that your video is getting more popular. Don’t forget to tag your videos and give them a good title when submitting to these sites. There are plenty of free tools to do mass social bookmarking online, however you still need to create an account with each site you wish to use.
Where Do You Start?
With all of these options it can be a headache just wondering where to start. Just picking one simple thing and doing a little bit each day toward the process will get you started in the best way. Trying to do too many of the steps will not get you more views on YouTube because you will give up. Just pick one method to focus on and you will get more views as time goes by because you are slowly building up the links to your content.
Before you try all of these methods above, it is highly recommended that you ensure you have all of your basic video properties are up to par. Make sure your video is titled and capitalized as necessary, tagged properly and has a good start image. Make sure that you don’t overload your video with too many annotations, instead have one pop up just for a few seconds a couple of times during the video to encourage people to view more videos, subscribe or other action you desire. If you can do this you will get more views on YouTube easily, but it is a process and not something you can just do overnight.