We know just how expensive and time consuming website building can possibly be. But website is not just about building is it? What would be the point of putting up a site which nobody ever saw? Thus website promotion is as important as site building itself, don’t ignore it and don’t delude yourself into believing that you can do without it.
But how will you possibly draw attention to your site? We will tell you how,
1. One of the best ways of web site promotion is making advertisements and placing them on suitable third party cites. Remember to link these ads to your site.
2. Collaborate with other sites and exchange visitors with them by cross-linking each other. This will also help improve your ratings on search engines.
3. Pin down your visitors and find out their email address. Build your own email list and follow them up rigorously. Promote your site through emails and watch them return for more.
4. Submit your website URL to all search engines. Be it country specific, industry specific or just general.
5. When sending out emails or snail mails remember to include your website URL with your signature. That way you will ensure that both your professional associates and your family members will drop in on your site. Also include your website URL on your stationary, invoices, business cards etc. so that anybody who deals with you in any capacity has to lay their eye on your website address, that way they will visit it at least once.
6. Try and put pay-per-click advertisements on your site. Begin with Google and Yahoo!
7. Use conventional methods of advertising. Newspaper advertising is one of the best ways of letting people know about your website. You can also use other print ads, banners, direct mail etc.
8. Paper-based advertising. Don’t forget the old fashioned paper-based advertising. Drive visitors to your site via direct mail, newspaper ads, yellow page ads, postcards or other print ads.