Ok, you have a new site or your site doesn’t rank anywhere. You have consulted with many people and you still can’t figure out what’s going wrong with your rankings. Well, here’s my suggestion on how you can have your site ranking even if it is not optimized with meta tags, keywords or H1 tags and other SEO ranking items.
- Setup a brand new domain name
- Hire a writer on elance to write 20 articles related to your subject
- Install a Word Press blog on your site and follow my WP customization guide (link)
- Create a page with unique content (from the articles) on each of the following sites: HubPages.com, Squidoo.com, Blogger.com. Make pages unique content, with ads pointing to your site using your main keywords as the anchor text on every link. Make many links using variations of your keywords. Ad images, make it attractive and interesting. Ad other modules to your pages on Hubpages and Squidoo. Take your time to learn how to use these powerful tools.
- Create a paid account with US free ads and post many ads about your business. All pointing to your site and using the same techniques as the Hub pages above to make links to your site
- Post daily to your blogs with excerpts from your articles and try to use your keywords often but not too often on your posts. Link your keywords to internal pages of your site to increase your internal link relevance.
- Do submit your site to the important directories online. Use your main keywords, hardest to rank as the title on those directories.
- Keep buying new content from elance writers or write yourself. But keep the unique content flowing endlessly and publishing your content on articles sites around the web such as ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com and other article directories.
Use the techniques above and watch your site rise up to the top of search engines fast. In many cases, I’ve obtained lasting results within the first week of using this method. It is up to you. Put it to work or sit on this knowledge. The tools above are incredibly powerful and can make a huge impact on your online business.
There are many myths about search engine optimization and what you must do to achieve great rankings. The truth is that nothing much has really changed from the very beginning of the web. There are just so many more sites out there that it has become more difficult to beat the tough competition. But the rules haven’t changed so much. Get links from authority sites using your keywords as anchor text, publish unique content that not only attracts the search engine spiders and gives you good rankings but also makes your visitors come back for more.
I had the privilege to visit with Google a year or so ago and hear from the horse’s mouth what made a site important to Google. The answer may surprise you but it is actually pretty simplistic, don’t make your site for Google. Make it for your users and Google will reward you for that. Even if what you are building is a made for AdSense site, think about it, make it rewarding for your visitor. Give them good content that helps them solve their problems or gives them a reason to smile or think.
Of course, this is very basic and there is so much more you can and should do to not only rank your site but rank it on the first page and continue to rank there for a long time.
It’s work but the work pays off.