The 403 or access forbidden error message is a HTTP response code displayed whenever the user wants to communicate with the server and the server has blocked the specific IP (in most of the cases in SEO field) or users and denied to process on the requests from the specific IP.
In the HTTP 403 protocol used on the W3 or World Wide Web, 403 forbidden is an HTTP status code returned by a web server that the user requests and the server does not allows them. In the simple words the request has been reached at the server, but the server has declined to allow access to the page.
Some other 403 error messages returned by server related to the request are:-
• 403.1 – Execute access forbidden.
• 403.2 – Read access forbidden.
• 403.3 – Write access forbidden.
• 403.4 – SSL required.
• 403.5 – SSL 128 required.
• 403.6 – IP address rejected.
• 403.7 – Client certificate required.
• 403.8 – Site access denied.
• 403.9 – Too many users.
• 403.10 – Invalid configuration.
• 403.11 – Password change.
• 403.12 – Mapper denied access.
• 403.13 – Client certificate revoked.
• 403.14 – Directory listing denied.
• 403.15 – Client Access Licenses exceeded.
• 403.16 – Client certificate is untrusted or invalid.
• 403.17 – Client certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
Some other important factors which causes the Error 403
• A third-party program: download accelerator, firewall or anti-virus is preventing you from connecting to a particular site.
• A windows update site control, which is usually installed on your computer, may be corrupt or is missing.
• The system host file may be missing or not properly configured.
• Files needed for Internet Explorer to work may be damaged or missing.
• Can 403 errors can be corrected?
• The answer is YES.
• The next question is how?
• Disable any recently installed programs- The programs I am referring here are recently made changes in the settings of anti-virus and/or firewall.
• Reset Host file to default- If you develop websites and are constantly updating this file, it’s possible that you added settings that is causing your current issue. A suggestion here is to reset the host to its original configuration.
• Repair your Registry- Some or the problems you experience with this error could be a result of damaged files needed for Internet Explorer to run properly.
• Can error 403 be removed in all the situations?
• No, because in most of the conditions during the SEO process, the website owners ban us due to spamming their sites, so in that case it is not possible to remove this message. However, some of the site owners may automatically remove this error after a specific period of time according to their own guidelines.