Article marketing is a very powerful way of generating traffic and reputation for your affiliate marketing business. But you must work at it and do it right to get the great short and long term results that you hope for.
In this article, we will discuss crucial tips for writing your headline that will help increase your readership.
Whether you are writing articles for your affiliate marketing website, blog or to submit to other sites, your article will only attract attention if your headline is worded properly. The first thing that your potential readers and hopefully customers will see is your headline.
Write a great headline and they are hooked, write a dud headline and no-one will read your well thought out, informative copy.
- Targeting: Your headline must reflect what your article is about. Imagine coming across a great headline, you click on the article and find it is totally off topic. You would be really disappointed. Also the next time you come across an article by the same author, the trust is no longer there and you would probably pass. Make sure that your headline is related to the content of your article.
- Teaser: Structure your headline in a way that tells the reader what they are about to read without giving too much away. Try to arouse their curiosity on the topic, make them want to click on your article to read more. A headline ‘ SEO can dramatically improve your website’s traffic’ will not have the same pull as ‘Discover 3 crucial SEO changes you can make to increase traffic to your website today’ Same meaning, different delivery
- Tone: Hype is a rampant disease on the internet. As with most infective diseases, over-exposure has led to the development of immunity or resistance in the population. So many headlines are so over hyped that they tend to ensure your article will not be read. How often do you take time to read the article with a headline like this? ‘How to make $50000 while you sleep, in just 2 weeks’. You want your article’s headline to generate excitement but be credible. That way you present yourself as a credible business.
- Keywords: Try to include your keywords in your headline. Don’t overdo it. Including your keyword is good for SEO, and tells your reader what your article is about
- Tricks: Tricks will just irritate your readers and may offend them. It may come across as you insulting their intelligence. Your business should be presented as a serious business and resorting to trick to get readers will erode your reputation. There are all sorts of tricks eg keyword stuffing that may work in the short term, but in the long term will seriously hurt your business
In a future article, we will discuss tips on writing the body of your article to increase your click through rate.