“SEO” is the all-important buzzword for webmasters and website owners. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is simply the process of perking up the website or web page’s visibility in a search engine’s search results, creating more traffic. Which means, when it appears higher and more frequent in the search list, then there is an equally high chance that it will get visitors. For marketing and business, the more the traffic a website can get, the more chances of having a lot of sales.
The process of optimizing a site began in the mid-1990s. This is how the process goes like, the “spider” crawls on the web to collect all the pages, its numerous legs can get. Then, the search engine uses its algorithm (ranking formula) to establish the congruency of the pages that are gathered by the “web spider”.
Doing SEO by yourself can be a complicated task, especially if it’s your first time. However, there are SEO services available online that you can hire to help you optimize your website. SEO Submission services will assist you with boosting your web page high up in the search result. If you are eager to learn the process and do the optimization alone, below are the simple SEO tips to help you improve your web page’s visibility:
1) Blogging – One way of extending your network is through blogging. Make a blog and create good content that will engage people to follow you. Use free blog hosting like blogger, blog.com, and WordPress or buy a new domain and web host. WordPress websites are good search engine crowd-pullers. Use it to your advantage.
2) Provide Quality and Interesting Content – Get more people to link to your site by adding excellent quality contents. Write something new. Make sure that the articles are unique and fresh which will give a reason for the readers to visit your website regularly.
3) Keywords are the key – Get keywords or keyword phrases into your text and titles. You can also use it for excerpts, meta tags or meta descriptions. But use it with caution, though. Google may mark your post as spam if it contains too many keywords. Use it wisely.
4) SEO Plugin – All in One SEO Plugin can be used to make your web pages and posts’ titles as well as descriptions become friendlier to search engines and readers. Use the Scribe plugin to optimize your web page’s content. It will give your content a score and help you improve it.
5) Check your site’s performance.Make sure it is in tip-top condition, so it loads fast. Remember that the types and number of plugins that you use could affect your site and can slow it down. Avoid using large images and files like flash, slide shows and gallery on your landing page. Minimalist web designs are more SEO friendly.
6) Social Media Sharing –Tie your content up with Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social sites and get an even better chance of creating traffic to your site. You can also share and upload your content to other web 2.0 network sharing like Scribd, and YouTube.
7) Use Catchy Headlines –Make your permalink go with the title of your post. Avoid title which doesn’t talk much about the article’s content. Catchy headlines are also effective on dragging people onto reading your content.
8) Use actual terms.When writing your articles make sure, you use the proper syntax, grammar and sentence structure. The articles should have a sense and convey appropriate context. Do not write content that is not relevant to your website’s theme.
9) Same goes for the image that you upload. Give your image a name and a title tag. Although your computer might initially call it DCS 369 upon uploading, you can always change it later.
10) Guest posting –Find relevant sites for your website. Ask those sites if they accept guest posting for link exchange. Remember, choose only those sites which have high Page Rank (PR 1-10). Do not post on the sites which are de-indexed or penalized by Google, otherwise if you’re caught, it will be useless and might also affect your site’s reputation and current ranking.
Make sure that search engines, have known and indexed your web pages or site. One way to do this is by SEO submission, which will introduce your site to the search box of different search engines. You can submit your website URL to several SEO submission services on the internet, where they register your site in the web directory. They are mostly free. Some SEO submission services also offer site review and evaluation, and give you tips on how to promote and advance your site for higher visibility and get more random visitors. SEO services are your partner in increasing your site traffic.